Re: pattern shade over color filled contours ?

From: <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 09:06:15 -0600 (MDT)

Hi Ozan,
gsn_contour_shade allows you to either color fill or pattern fill one
contour field, so that is why it is erasing your color fill when you try
to pattern fill. The easiest solution for this to me would be to draw your
color filled contour field, then use either gsn_csm_contour_map_overlay or
the overlay procedure to draw the same field again, this time using
pattern fill. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use
gsn_contour_shade on the overlaid plot (when using overlay) to set up the
pattern fill.
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Interfaces/gsn_csm_contour_map_overlay.shtml
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/overlay.shtml

Good luck,