How to create cross sections with netCDF files??

From: Lara Pagano <paganolara_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 12:00:14 -0400

Hi,

I am a new to NCL, so I am having a hard time with figuring out how to do a
cross section using netCDF files. Currently my code looks like:

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/contributed.ncl"

a = addfile("conc_20080611020000.nc","r") #Add my netCDF file
air = a->airconc(:,:,:,:,:,:) #bring in the airconc variable to be
displayed
print(air(:,:,:,7,:,:)) #print out airconc at level 7

As is noted here, there is six dimensions of airconc (time, nageclass,
nspecies, level, lat, lon). I am not concerned with the first three
dimensions and they are always set to 0. However, I want to show the air
concentration with height through a portion of the domain (cross section).
I should add that the lat, lon are in meters, but I am not concerned about
that right now. Anyone have ideas on how this could be done??

Thank you all so much for taking the time to look at this issue.

Regards,

Lara