Re: Invalid dimension id or name

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2009 10:54:45 -0600

Hi Lei,
I agree with Wei's suggestion to post it to the
CCSM bulletin board. Note though, that when
modifying a file that is used as CAM input that
you should make the new netCDF file look
_exactly_ like the old one. Variable names,
attributes (including units), dimension names,
etc. Other than the actual data, the metadata
should be the same. I don't know if all of that
is necessary, but it avoids potential issues. If
your new input file looks exactly like the old
one, then posting to the CCSM bulletin board is
likely the way to go.
Best regards,
Adam

Lei Meng wrote:
> Hi,
> I created a netCDF file which was used as an input to CAM model. The
> CAM model run stopped when trying to read the netCDF file with
> error"Invalid dimension id or name". The model run was good with
> another input file which has very similar variables and dimensions. Does
> anyone have any suggestions? Thank you.
> Lei

Adam Phillips
                 asphilli_at_ucar.edu
National Center for Atmospheric Research   tel:
(303) 497-1726
Climate and Global Dynamics Division
fax: (303) 497-1333
P.O. Box 3000