Re: contour plot - HighLabel with value display format

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 10:00:44 -0600

Hi John,
Yes there is. You need to alter the
cnHighLabelString/cnLowLabelString resources.
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/cn.shtml#cnHighLabelString
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/cn.shtml#cnLowLabelString

Assuming your function code has been changed to a : to a ~
via your .hluresfile, you could do something like this:

res_at_cnHighLabelString = "H~B~~C~ $ZDV$~E~"
res_at_cnLowLabelString = "L~B~~C~ $ZDV$~E~"

Decoding the HighLabelString: H is the letter to be used,
~B~ = use subscript
~C~ = insert carriage return
(Spaces are added to shift the number to the right.)
$ZDV$ = The high value
~E~ = end of subscripting

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/function_code.shtml

Another way to do this is to use the ~H~ and ~V~ function
codes to drop the numbers down a level and shift them over
(if necessary). See example 4 here:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/eqn.shtml#ex4

Good luck,
Adam