Re: gsnLeftString and wrf contour plots

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Dec 07 2009 - 07:48:32 MST

Hi Frank,

I had to look at the WRFUserARW.ncl code, because I'm not quite sure
how it handles titles.

I don't think gsnLeftString comes into play with the wrf_xxx
functions. These functions use their own titling parameters.

In the code, I saw some attributes you can set, like "NoTitles",
which, according to the documentation, will turn off the top left
titles, but leave the main titles alone.

Try setting this to False:

   pltres@NoTitles = False

I've CC'ed wrfhelp@ucar.edu, in case there are other attributes like
this you can set.