gsnLeftString and wrf contour plots

From: Frank <ncl_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Dec 04 2009 - 14:53:25 MST

Dear All,

I am trying to create a contour plot without the field name displayed above
the upper left corner.
If I am reading the documentation correctly, this is controlled by the
gsnLeftString attribute.
But it seems I am not able to get it to work. Below a stripped down version of
one of my attempts which creates the warning:
warning:gsnLeftString is not a valid resource in wrf_contour at this time

Setting the attribute on any other resource has no effect.

Can somebody tell me what I am doing wrong? Are there any changes I can make
to wrf_contour to make this work?

Cheers,
Frank

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/wrf/WRFUserARW.ncl"
begin
  a = addfile("./wrf.nc","r")
  type = "x11"
  wks = gsn_open_wks(type, "wrf")
  opts = True
  tt = a->TT(0,0,:,:)
  opts@cnFillOn = True
  opts@gsnLeftString = " "
  contour = wrf_contour(a,wks,tt,opts)
  pltres = True
  plot = wrf_map_overlays(a,wks,(/contour/),pltres, False)
end