Re: meteogram script for WRF model

From: Don Morton <Don.Morton_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Dec 03 2009 - 13:11:22 MST

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 10:43 AM, John Hyun <jupiter1h@gmail.com> wrote:

> if anyone has the meteogram ncl scripts for WRF model, please share with
> me.
>
> I have searched it but only I can find the cdf file sample and GrADS one.

This is the one I've used as a model:

 <
http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/OnLineTutorial/Graphics/NCL/Examples/SPECIAL/meteograms.htm

It assumes that all your output is in a single wrfout file. That's not the
case with me, so I've created a very convoluted script (driven by a Python
script) that grabs output from separate files and keeps it together for
final production of the meteogram, producing something like:

<
http://weather.arsc.edu/ForecastProducts/ARSCHRRR/webImages/2009120112/meteogram-PAFA-d01.gif

I'm happy to share if someone wants it, but it has a long ways to go (Mary,
this is the one I mentioned to you when we talked in Portland). Ultimately,
I want something that looks something like this (you can see I have a long,
long ways to go...):

<http://www.spc.noaa.gov/nwa/okc_grads_met.html>

--
Arctic Region Supercomputing Center