Re: drawing lines through cell centres on a map

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Dec 03 2009 - 10:26:39 MST

Mark,

 From your description it sounds like you are running interactively.

To turn off the expected key click for an X11 window, you can set the
"wkPause" resource to False.

You also need to turn off the frame advance.

Here's a sample code. Note that this only works for interactive mode,
because if you run this as a script, the
X11 windows will go away.

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl"

x = (/10.,20.,30.,40.,50.,60.,70.,80.,90./)
y = (/0.,0.71,1.,0.7,0.002,-0.71,-1.,-0.71,-0.003/)

type = "x11"
type@wkPause = False

wks1 = gsn_open_wks(type,"xtest1")
wks2 = gsn_open_wks(type,"xtest2")

res = True
res@gsnFrame = False

plot1 = gsn_csm_xy(wks1,x,y,res)

plot2 = gsn_csm_xy(wks2,x,y+5,res)

The other thing you can do here, if you want to control the locations
of the windows,
is to create two files "xtest1.res" and "xtest2.res" and set the
following four resources:

In xtest1.res:

*wkX : 0
*wkY : 0
*wkWidth : 700
*wkHeight : 700

In xtest2.res:

*wkX : 750
*wkY : 0
*wkWidth : 700
*wkHeight : 700

This will cause the second plot to be to the right of the first one.

Of course, you may need to adjust the width and height for your screen.

I'm not sure if you can set these resources directly in the script. I
tried to, but got an error.
There may be a bug in gsn_open_wks, which I'll look into.

--Mary