Re: tTick

From: Carl J. Schreck, III <carl_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Nov 20 2009 - 07:27:21 MST

Arindam & Mary,

I made the changes to Arindam's latest version. It appears to work
the same for my old scripts, I think the only changes you made were in
the resource names. I do like the new ones better.

On line 283, I replaced the "mod" function with the modulus operator
%. Shouldn't change the functionality, but I think it makes it so
that contributed.ncl doesn't have to be loaded for this to work.

Added resources ttMajorStride and ttMinorStride to set the intervals
for major (labeled) ticks and minor ticks. I believe all those
changes are from lines 171 to 217. I added a 6th example to
demonstrate ttMajorStride.

I'm attaching the new version of tTick.ncl along with ut_string.ncl
which simply converts a time variable to a string variable. Let me
know if you have any questions.

      Cheers,
      Carl