Re: question about cross-wavelet spectrum

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Dec 22 2009 - 11:41:37 MST

There is no cross-wavelet function in NCL.

I am sure NCL or fortran/C codes could be developed.

I briefly looked at the paper but I would have to spend some time
determining what was done. Unforunately, I just don't have the time.

If you develop codes, please donate them and we can add them to NCL.

Good Luck

On 12/21/2009 08:53 PM, Ka Wai Eric Ng wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am using the wavelet package today to work on my project. However, I
> couldn't find any example for cross-wavelet spectrum and the phase
> difference graph like the Fig.11 (c) and (d) of Torrence and Campo
> (BAMS,1998). I wonder whether it is possible to use NCL to work on that.
>
> Thanks,
> Eric

Dennis J. Shea                  tel: 303-497-1361    |
P.O. Box 3000                   fax: 303-497-1333    |
Climate Analysis Section                             |
Climate&  Global Dynamics Div.                       |
National Center for Atmospheric Research             |
Boulder, CO  80307                                   |
USA                        email: shea 'at' ucar.edu |