Re: How to add South China Sea as an sub-figure?

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Dec 22 2009 - 11:06:19 MST

Hi,

I've added the plot that you mention below to an applications page.
Please see example 1 at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/annotate.shtml

However, I'm not sure this is all you are asking for; I don't think
NCL specifically has a way to draw the South China Sea.

If you have the lat/lon coordinates for the South China Sea, then you
can add them yourself using gsn_add_polyline.
This was done in example 9 at http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/
polyg.shtml, which draws the meteorological
subdivisions of India.

If the lat/lon coordinates of the South China Sea are available in
shapefile format, then you can use NCL to read in the shapefile and
plot it.

See example 3 at: http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/shapefiles.shtml

--Mary