Divergence or Convergence from WRF Output

From: Xiaoming Sun <xiaoming.sun_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Jan 03 2010 - 21:28:52 MST

 Dear All,

 Thanks for reading this E-mail and happy new year.

 I am trying to calculate the convergence or divergence of precipitable
water from WRF output using NCL.

 Although there are some examples as shown by the following link
 http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/wind.shtml
 , however these are for Gaussian grid.

 The following link suggested to first interpolate WRF output to a lat/lon
grid using rcm2rgrid_Wrap, which may bring some errors.
 http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Support/talk_archives/2009/1114.html

 I am wondering whether there are some better ways to do the convergence
or divergence of precipitable water from WRF.

 Thanks a lot,

 Best Regards,

 Xiaoming