Re: Data from a Lambert native grid reprojected on a Mercator grid.

From: Seth McGinnis <mcginnis_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Jan 29 2010 - 12:48:26 MST

Hi Caroline,

You don't need to regrid the data at all in order to plot it in a
different projection. If you have the lat2d & lon2d arrays set,
NCL can plot the data as-is using any projection you like.

If you do something like this, I believe it will work:

load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_code.ncl"
load "$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclscripts/csm/gsn_csm.ncl"

  a = addfile(v_file,"r")
  t = a->TMP_GDS3_HTGL_10(:,:)
  t@lat2d= a->g3_lat_0
  t@lon2d= a->g3_lon_1