Re: How to extract equatorial waves by filtering in the wheeler-kiladis wavenumber-frequency domain.

From: Carl J. Schreck, III <carl_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Jan 25 2010 - 11:13:26 MST

I'm not sure if there is anything built into ncl to do this. However, I've
written a function that does it. The function is in the attached file
kf_filter.ncl. Also attached is a sample program, spacetime.ncl, that uses
this filter to filter for Kelvin waves. You can change the parameters to
filter for other waves.

Hope this helps.

       Carl

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 11:51 AM, HUANG, Ping <ph0007@ustc.edu> wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I want to extract equatorial waves by filtering in the wheeler-kiladis
> wavenumber-frequency domain. By function "wkSpaceTime", the wavenumber
> frequency spectra can be calculated and plotted. Is there a function or
> sample script for extracting equatorial waves based on the wheeler-kiladis
> space-time spectra?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Huang Ping

Carl J. Schreck, III
PhD Student
Department of Atmospheric and Environmental Sciences
University at Albany, ES 330
carl@atmos.albany.edu
http://www.atmos.albany.edu/student/carl/