Re: Paneling Skew-T Plots

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Jan 22 2010 - 09:57:09 MST

Hi Kent,

Currently, the complete skewT can not be paneled via gsn_panel.
The reason is that (currently) the "wmbarb" procedure does not
create the graphical object required for paneling.

===
You can manually panel the skewT but you will have to set the
various vpXF/vpYF/vpWidthF/vpHeightF resources.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/vp.shtml

; draw skewT 1

   skewtOpts = True
   skewtOpts@vpXF =
   skewtOpts@vpYF =
   skewtOpts@vpWidthF = ; only need to do once
   skewtOpts@vpHeightF =

   skewt_bkgd = skewT_BackGround (wks, skewtOpts)
   draw (skewt_bkgd)
   skewt_data = skewT_PlotData (... )

;;frame(wks) ; do NOT advance the frame
;;delete (skewtOpts) ;

; draw skewT 2

   skewtOpts@vpXF =
   skewtOpts@vpYF =
   skewt_bkgd = skewT_BackGround (wks, skewtOpts)
   draw (skewt_bkgd)
   skewt_data = skewT_PlotData (... )

; draw skewT 3

   skewtOpts@vpXF =
   skewtOpts@vpYF =

   skewt_bkgd = skewT_BackGround (wks, skewtOpts)
   draw (skewt_bkgd)
   skewt_data = skewT_PlotData (... )

   :
   :