Re: plot of valid time

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Feb 16 2010 - 22:53:15 MST

What I believe is happening is that your valid time string probably
has colons in it, and NCL thinks these are special function codes.

You can fix this by putting a ".hluresfile" in your home directory:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/hlures.shtml

This file will change your default function code from a ':' to a '~'.
It will also change your font from times-roman to helvetica, which
looks slightly better.

--Mary