Re: Offset terrain in WRF Polar Stereographic

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Feb 18 2010 - 08:11:06 MST

Hi Don,

I think I see what the issue is, and Dave Brown is looking into it.

Your map actually is supposed to be a polar stereographic projection,
and hence the data should be projected into a circular space.

However, for some reason, when you use tfDoNDCOverlay = True, it is
trying to project the data into a rectangular space.

The work-around for now is to set the sfXArray/sfYArray resources to
the lon2d/lat2d values read off the file.

I'll let you know if we can get the other method to work.

--Mary