Re: grid rotation

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Feb 16 2010 - 16:54:27 MST

Hello

You are correct about unbounded regions.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/grid_fill.shtml
In particular, Examples 3 & 4

It may be possible to do something like:

[1] http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/lat2pop.shtml
     Interpolate to a (say) POP grid.

[2] Use poisson_grid_fill

[3] Interpolate back to the 1x1 grid

[4] Force all the original non-missing values onto
     the interpolated grid [3]

===

I have not seen the distribution of the 1x1 missing values.

Possibly create a larger grid with 'extra' pole grid points.
These could be set to some avarage.

Good luck