Re: unvalid latitude-longitude

From: Debasish PaiMazumder <debasish_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Mar 04 2010 - 08:25:43 MST

Dear Siswanto,

The error messages are occurred due to wrong coordinate variables and
incorrect unit attribute of the coordinate variables.
Please check the following webpage for solution:
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/error_msg.shtml
I guess you also have dimension error in your script

Thanks

Debasish

On 10-03-04, at 09:57, siswanto@climate.unibe.ch wrote:

> Dear All,
> I tried to make a EOF analysis using SODA (0.5x0.5) and ERA40
> (2.5x2.5)
> data, but it resulted strange comments as attached below. I can
> produce
> plot map from the original data, but not after EOF processes. It seems
> that my problem lies on the coordinate problem. Does anybody deal with
> these both data? I've checked the data using ncdump and it is
> containing
> latitude and longitude information. I've tried several manipulation
> such
> as convert the lat and lon into float by "doubletofloat" or in
> ERA40 is
> "shrt2flt", but it didn't work either.
>
> (0) check_for_y_lat_coord: Warning: Data either does not contain a
> valid
> latitude coordinate array or doesn't contain one at all.
> (0) A valid latitude coordinate array should have a 'units' attribute
> equal to one of the following values:
> (0) 'degrees_north' 'degrees-north' 'degree_north' 'degrees north'
> 'degrees_N' 'Degrees_north' 'degree_N' 'degreeN' 'degreesN' 'deg
> north'
> (0) check_for_lon_coord: Warning: Data either does not contain a valid
> longitude coordinate array or doesn't contain one at all.
> (0) A valid longitude coordinate array should have a 'units' attribute
> equal to one of the following values:
> (0) 'degrees_east' 'degrees-east' 'degree_east' 'degrees east'
> 'degrees_E' 'Degrees_east' 'degree_E' 'degreeE' 'degreesE' 'deg east'
> fatal:Subscript out of range, error in subscript #0
>

> Siswanto
> Climate and Environmental Physics siswanto@climate.unibe.ch
> Physics Institute, University of Bern ph: +41 (0)31 631 48 71
> Sidlerstrasse 5, 3012 Bern, Switzerland

Debasish PaiMazumder, PhD
Postdoctoral Researcher
Analysis and Simulation of Regional-Scale Climate
Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
University of Québec at Montréal (UQÀM)
550, Sherbrooke west, 19th floor, west tower,
Montréal, QC, Canada H3A 1B9
Tel: (514) 282-6464-343
      (514) 937-0042 (R)
email: debasish@sca.uqam.ca