Re: triple2grid

From: Rick Brownrigg <brownrig_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Mar 03 2010 - 09:56:52 MST

Hi Ashley,

It could be that you are running up against NCL's 2GB data limit(?).
The docs for triple2grid state that the return result will be:

"The return array will be K x N x M, where K represents the leftmost
dimensions of data. It will be of type double if any of the input is
double, and float otherwise."

After ndtooned(orog), the left (and right!) dimension is 38400, rlon
is 181, rlat is 133, to yield:

        38400x181x133xsizeof(float) = 3.69GB

In any case, something other than a SEGV would be preferable.

Not sure that helps...
Rick