Re: Set value or colour for non existing data in contourplot?

From: Sebastian Schubert <sebastian.schubert_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Mar 08 2010 - 04:52:00 MST

Dear Bjoern,

On Monday, 8. March 2010 12:11:52 Bjoern Maronga wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm sorry, but I just don't get it.

> will set all data points with values > 1.0 to missing values.
>
> Maybe you explain your problem a little bit clearer.

Sorry for being not clear enough.

Let's say, I have data for latitude 3 til 6 and longitude 14 til 18.
Now, for whatever reason, I decide to plot using the ranges latitude 0
til 10 and longitude 10 til 20. Then I get a white border around the
area I have data for. I tried setting cnMissingValFillColor and
cnMissingValFillPattern and I always get the border. So either I did
something wrong or the options are not meant for this kind of implicit
missing value (instead of having a _FillValue in the data, there is just
no data at all).

Of course, I could create a larger data field initialized with the value
I want and put my smaller data into it. But since a rotated pole
conversion is between I'd rather like have an automatic way of doing
this.

Cheers
Sebastian

--
Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK)
Research Domain II - Climate Impacts & Vulnerabilities