Re: Set value or colour for non existing data in contourplot?

From: Andrew Dawson <andrew.dawson_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Mar 08 2010 - 04:46:59 MST

Hi,

Areas outside of where you have data will be filled transparent by default.
I'm not sure if you can change this but you certainly can change the color
of whatever is underneath (the map).

You aren't clear on exactly what you want to do, but if for example you
wanted everything outside your data region to be filled in black you could
set the map fill appropriately (using mpFillOn=True, mpFillColor="black",
mpMonoFillColor=True) and this would be visible under areas where you have
no data. I think missing values are filled transparent by default so you
would need to explicitly set those if you want them a different color.

Andrew

On 8 March 2010 10:32, Sebastian Schubert <sebastian.schubert@pik-potsdam.de