Re: SOS Calculating REOF

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Mar 17 2010 - 09:11:21 MDT

It looks like this is on a Cygwin system. We've had problems with NCL
on that machine, and had to compile NCL
a certain way to get rid of these types of errors.

What version of NCL do you have? If you have version 5.1.1, then you
can try a new "ncl" that I've provided for other users:

To get the file:

      ftp ftp.ucar.edu
      <log in as "anonymous">
      <Use email address as password>
      cd /pub/scd/haley
      get ncl_new.exe.gz
      quit

Once you have the file, gunzip it, make sure it is executable, and
move it to $NCARG_ROOT/bin:

      gunzip ncl_new_exe.gz
      chmod gou+x ncl_new.exe
      mv ncl_new.exe $NCARG_ROOT/bin/.

Now you can use this new NCL executable instead of the one already
installed on your system:

      ncl_new.exe your_script.ncl

If you are comfortable that this executable works, you can replace
your old ncl executable with this new one. You should first make a
copy of your old one:

     mv $NCARG_ROOT/bin/ncl.exe $NCARG_ROOT/bin/ncl_old.exe
     mv ncl_new.exe $NCARG_ROOT/bin/ncl.exe

--Mary