Re: SOS Calculating REOF

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Mar 17 2010 - 08:01:57 MDT

chenXinbao wrote:
> Hi everyone:
>
> I have some big problems to ask you for helps when i calculated the
> REOF. Tow questions are that:
>
> (1) One question:When it runs at the eof_rot =
> eofunc_varimax_Wrap(eof,1), there is error happened, with following that
> "[main] ncl 6100 _cygtls::handle_exceptions:error while dumping state
> (probably corrupted stack)". I don't know how to solve this problem.

===
I have never seen this error before.

Was the output from

  eof = eofunc_Wrap(x, nyrs, optEOF)
  eof_ts = eofunc_ts_Wrap (x, eof, optETS)

  printVarSummary( eof )
  printVarSummary( eof_ts)

reasonable? Did you plot these variables?

Try ....

   eofunc_varimax_Wrap(eof,0)

Does that work? If not, I have no idea why you got the error you got.

> (2)As mentioned a sample at the website
> "http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/eofunc_varimax_reorder.shtml",
> if the REOF is got by "eof_rot = eofunc_varimax_Wrap", and then how to
> get eof_tc_rot. Is it like this eof_ts_rot=eofunc_ts_Wrap (x, eof_rot,
> optETS)?

No .... we do not provide a function for getting the time series of the
rotated EOFs.

By the way, what is your rational basis for perfoming the rotation?