color labeled sub-region

From: Debasish PaiMazumder <debasish_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Mar 19 2010 - 12:46:23 MDT

Hello,

I have 20 sub-regions in my domain of interest. I plotted the sub-
regions manually filled with different color using "res@gsFillColor".
Now I would like to add different colored box as label with name of
the sub-regions on the side of the main plot instead of label bar. Is
there any example which will help me to do that.

Thanks

Debasish

Debasish PaiMazumder, PhD
Postdoctoral Researcher
Analysis and Simulation of Regional-Scale Climate
Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
University of Québec at Montréal (UQÀM)
550, Sherbrooke west, 19th floor, west tower,
Montréal, QC, Canada H3A 1B9
Tel: (514) 282-6464-343
      (514) 937-0042 (R)
email: debasish@sca.uqam.ca