stopping execution of a function without killing NCL

From: Rob Nicholas <rnicholas_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Mar 17 2010 - 11:37:28 MDT

NCLers,

Although I do most of my work with NCL scripts I do quite a bit of
exploratory work and testing from an interactive session. Not infrequently,
I'd like stop the execution of a function or procedure before it completes
-- however, I find that control-C often (but not always) kills the entire
NCL session rather than just the currently command. Is there a way to
reliably halt the execution of a command without killing the entire NCL
session?

Thanks,
Rob