Re: NCL error message

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Sun Mar 28 2010 - 07:13:29 MDT

Hi Oli,

We actually do have several test cases that we are able to use for
reproducing this problem. However, it doesn't hurt to have more so
when/if we fix this bug, we can make sure it fixes the problem
everywhere.

On Mar 26, 2010, at 9:56 AM, <Oliver.Fuhrer@meteoswiss.ch> <Oliver.Fuhrer@meteoswiss.ch
> wrote:

> Mary,
>
> I have to take back on unreproducible. Since the same script crashed
> only very rarely, I assumed the problem was unreproducible. But when
> we use the exact same input data, the script crashes reproducibly.
> That probably makes sense, as it is linked to the contouring
> algorithm and only happens for certain data. Would you be interested
> to have a test case? But since you know the problem, you probably
> already have one I assume.
>
>> Are you offering to host?! :-) We certainly love coming to Europe,
>> but don't currently have any plans for a workshop there.
>> It's not out of the question.
>> We are tentatively planning a workshop in the fall somewhere,
>> so we'd have to work around that.
>> Would you like to propose a location, date, etc? Or are you talking
>> about MPI again?
>
> Ok, if it would be Switzerland, the host would probably be ETH and
> not MeteoSwiss. From our side, we would at least 2 people interested
> in participating, also depending on the location. I try to ask
> around (Bjoern but also at ETH) if there is a critical mass of
> people interested.
>
> Could you give me an idea of the budget that would be required for
> the workshop?

I'll reply shortly offline on this question.

--Mary

> Cheers,
> Oli

> Oliver Fuhrer
> Numerical Models
>
> Federal Departement of Home Affairs FDHA
> Federal Office of Meteorology and Climatology MeteoSwiss
>
> Kraehbuehlstrasse 58, P.O. Box 514, CH-8044 Zurich, Switzerland
>
> Tel. +41 44 256 93 59
> Fax +41 44 256 92 78
> oliver.fuhrer@meteoswiss.ch
> www.meteoswiss.ch - First-hand information

>>> format = "png"
>>> xsize = 500.0
>>> ysize = 400.0
>>> shift =392
>>>
>>> ; set plot domain
>>> xs = 400.0
>>> xe = 900.0
>>> ys = 0.0
>>> ye = 400.0
>>>
>>> ; open files
>>> c = addfile("lfff00000000c.grb", "r")
>>> f = addfile("_NCLINP_${start}_delta03h_c.grb", "r")
>>>
>>> ; read data
>>> d = jmb_getvar(f, "TOT_PREC") ; reads a variable from
>> the grib
>>> file
>>>
>>> ; geo-reference
>>> jmb_getgrid(f, c, d) ; attaches