Re: Proposed ncl_convert2nc modification

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Apr 05 2010 - 20:31:52 MDT

Details of NCL's GRIB support are in are in the reference manual:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/Ref_Manual/NclFormatSupport.shtml#GRIB

The GRIB expert will likely respond sometime Tuesday.

===
The user can provide their own GRIB tables:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Manuals/Ref_Manual/NclFormatSupport.shtml#GRIB1-user-defined-parameter-tables

===

You would have to provide details/examples of cases
where the "field names change". Can you ftp some sample
files with the behavior?

Also, the varsion of NCL you are using

%> ncl -V

and, for completeness, the output from

%> uname -a

===

ftp ftp.cgd.ucar.edu
cd incoming
put ...
put ...
quit

Send the names of the files. We can not look for security reasons.