Proposed ncl_convert2nc modification

From: <jpresto_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Apr 05 2010 - 19:28:57 MDT

Hello. I have noticed when using ncl_convert2nc to convert WRFRR grib
files to netCDF format, sometimes the field names change. I would like to
have the field names stay the same. It would be nice if ncl_convert2nc
had the following capability: if the input grib names were known, I could
have a configuration file with the field names I would like to have
ncl_convert2nc output. Is this something that the maintainers of
ncl_convert2nc would be interested in modifying the code to do?

Thanks,
Julie Prestopnik

Software Engineer
Research Applications Laboratory