Shape of the arrow head

From: louis Vonder <appopson_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Apr 05 2010 - 09:28:59 MDT

Dear NCL users,

I am trying to add arrow on a map using fonts/character.
To accomplish this task I used math_symbol.

Like this

 tx1res@txFont        = 18     ; math-symbols
 gsn_text_ndc(wks, "p", 0.225, 0.3, tx1res)

But I am not happy with the head of the arrow plotted.

I would like to have the head of the arrow which look like the one of the Font 36 of Weather 1, the head of the double-arrow corresponding to "m".

There is any way to change it?

It is possible to draw the using this

 tx1res@txFont        = 36     ; math-symbols

with straight line rather than break line?

Thanks