Re: wrapit77 and nhlf77 compiling problems

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Apr 01 2010 - 15:19:08 MDT

Use

%> WRAPIT foo.f

possibly you may have to use

%> WRAPIT -fPIC foo.f

Good luck

On 04/01/2010 03:05 PM, Eric D Robinson wrote:
> All,
> I am trying to use wrapit77 to incorporate a F77 routine into an ncl
> script I have. When I use wrapit77, everything goes well until I get to
> the fortran compiling step. When I type nhlf77 -c mycode.f the compile
> fails. I noticed that if I limited my subroutine declaration between
> the NCLFORTSTART and NCLEND flags to less than 72 columns, I don't
> receive the same error. Another error results from declaring variables
> on the next line, and the compiler once again indicates that is has
> issues with the 72nd column.
>
> I have used this exact same F77 routine with wrapit77 and nhlf77
> successfully before on a different machine, so I am really at a loss
> here. Thanks for your help!
>
> -Eric
>
> *Eric D. Robinson*
> Graduate Student
> Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
> Purdue University
> 550 Stadium Mall Drive, West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
> Severe Weather Research Group - SWRG<http://www.purdue.edu/eas/severe>
> edrobins@purdue.edu<mailto:edrobins@purdue.edu>

Dennis J. Shea                  tel: 303-497-1361    |
P.O. Box 3000                   fax: 303-497-1333    |
Climate Analysis Section                             |
Climate & Global Dynamics Div.                       |
National Center for Atmospheric Research             |
Boulder, CO  80307                                   |
USA                        email: shea 'at' ucar.edu |