wrapit77 and nhlf77 compiling problems

From: Eric D Robinson <edrobins_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Apr 01 2010 - 15:05:36 MDT

All,
  I am trying to use wrapit77 to incorporate a F77 routine into an ncl
script I have. When I use wrapit77, everything goes well until I get to
the fortran compiling step. When I type nhlf77 -c mycode.f the compile
fails. I noticed that if I limited my subroutine declaration between
the NCLFORTSTART and NCLEND flags to less than 72 columns, I don't
receive the same error. Another error results from declaring variables
on the next line, and the compiler once again indicates that is has
issues with the 72nd column.

I have used this exact same F77 routine with wrapit77 and nhlf77
successfully before on a different machine, so I am really at a loss
here. Thanks for your help!

-Eric

*Eric D. Robinson*
Graduate Student
Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
Purdue University
550 Stadium Mall Drive, West Lafayette, IN 47907-2051
Severe Weather Research Group - SWRG <http://www.purdue.edu/eas/severe>
edrobins@purdue.edu <mailto:edrobins@purdue.edu>