Re: Masking

From: Dennis Shea <shea_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Apr 01 2010 - 11:17:06 MDT

Please see NCL's Applications URL

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/
--------

See Examples 4, 8 & 9

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/mask.shtml

On 04/01/2010 05:04 AM, A.R Ragi wrote:
> Dear NCL users..,
> I'm plotting precipitation from ECHAM output using NCL in Indian region.
> I would like to do masking in other regions except india.
> I tried with:
>
> / res@mpAreaMaskingOn = True /
> /res@mpMaskAreaSpecifiers = "Land" /
> /res@mpOceanFillColor = 0 /
> /res@mpFillDrawOrder = "Postdraw" /
>
> But that is not working. I found a '/mask/' function in NCL but how to
> do that function?
> Can anybody help me in doing that? Will that function help for masking
> other regions except india?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Thanks,
> A.R.Ragi
> M.Tech Atmospheric science
> Department of Atmospheric science
> Cochin University of Science and Technology
> Email : ar.ragi@gmail.com <mailto:ar.ragi@gmail.com>

> "I want to know how God created this world.I am not interested in this
> or that phenomenon. I want to know, his thought, the rest are details"
> . ---Albert Einstein

Dennis J. Shea                  tel: 303-497-1361    |
P.O. Box 3000                   fax: 303-497-1333    |
Climate Analysis Section                             |
Climate & Global Dynamics Div.                       |
National Center for Atmospheric Research             |
Boulder, CO  80307                                   |
USA                        email: shea 'at' ucar.edu |