Re: read ECHAM5 (Gaussian Latitude/Longitude Grid)

From: Mehmet Coskun <mehmet.coskun_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Apr 01 2010 - 02:44:29 MDT

Hello Carlos,

Thank you,

 cdo works well after converting netcdf I think I got values, but
attribute names were totally changed ,

for example when I read grb file with NCL

Total Size: 64 bytes
            8 values
Number of Dimensions: 1
Dimensions and sizes: [8]
Coordinates:
(0) forecast_time0
(1) g4_lon_2
(2) g4_lat_1
(3) initial_time3
(4) initial_time3_encoded
(5) initial_time3_hours
(6) A_PCP_GDS4_SFC_10
(7) A_PCP_GDS4_SFC

But after converting netcdf attributes names;

Total Size: 32 bytes
            4 values
Number of Dimensions: 1
Dimensions and sizes: [4]
Coordinates:
(0) prec
(1) time
(2) lat
(3) lon

 dimension of time variables increase from 2884 to 2892

netcdf: time(2892) from 15 to 88008.5,

Dimensions and sizes: [time | 2892]
Coordinates:
            time: [ 15..88008.5]
Number Of Attributes: 2
  units : days since 1860-01-01 00:00:00
  calendar : proleptic_gregorian

but
grib: initial_time3_encoded(2884) from 1860091600 to 2100121612

grid type Gaussian Latitude/Longitude Grid (24 x 58), should I remap
this grid, does it not contain same geographic coordinate which
meteorological station has,

thank you

Best regard

mehmet