Re: multiple Y-axis plotting

From: Adam Phillips <asphilli_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Apr 13 2010 - 16:41:03 MDT

Hi Fan,
If I understand your question correctly, you would like multiple lines
to be associated with each of the three y axes, correct?

If so, I modified the xy_19 script to show how to do this (to the u
array), and included the resulting .gif image. (I added a dashed black u
line just above the solid green u line.)

The resources I needed to use:
res2@xyMonoLineColor = False
res2@xyLineColors = (/"green","black"/) ;set first line to green,
2nd to black
res2@xyMonoDashPattern = False
res2@xyDashPatterns = (/0,1/) ; set first line to
solid, 2nd line to dash

If that is not what you wanted, let us know.
Best regards,
Adam

On 04/13/2010 01:24 PM, Fan Fang wrote:
> The question is about plotting with multiple Y-axes, such as the example
>
> http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/xy_19.ncl
>
> but with more than one variables sharing a same axis. In particular,
> when I use functions like "gsn_csm_xy3()", is there anything
> (resources?) I can use to differentiate the lines (symbols) that share
> the same y-axis? For example there would be 2 solid lines sharing the
> "t" axis, one dotted and dashed line each for u and v in the above
> example. If I want the two solid lines to be red and blue, how should I
> do it?
>
> Thanks.
>
> -Fan

Adam Phillips
asphilli@ucar.edu
National Center for Atmospheric Research   tel: (303) 497-1726
Climate and Global Dynamics Division         fax: (303) 497-1333
P.O. Box 3000
Boulder, CO 80307-3000    http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/cas/asphilli