multiple Y-axis plotting

From: Fan Fang <Fan.Fang_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Apr 13 2010 - 13:24:20 MDT

The question is about plotting with multiple Y-axes, such as the example

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/xy_19.ncl

but with more than one variables sharing a same axis. In particular,
when I use functions like "gsn_csm_xy3()", is there anything
(resources?) I can use to differentiate the lines (symbols) that share
the same y-axis? For example there would be 2 solid lines sharing the
"t" axis, one dotted and dashed line each for u and v in the above
example. If I want the two solid lines to be red and blue, how should I
do it?

Thanks.

-Fan