Re: Masking Tibetan Plateau

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Apr 09 2010 - 11:02:30 MDT

I don't believe we have the Tibetan Plateau in our map database.

However, if you can find a shapefile that contains this outline, then
you can do something
like example 4 on the shapefiles page:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/shapefiles.shtml#ex4

Even if the lat/lon data is available as some other format, you can
still use this example
to see how the masking is done.

The key is to use gc_inout to determine whether your data is inside
or outside the area of
interest, and then set your data to missing inside or outside this
area, depending on what
you want to mask.

You may need to look at one of the other examples on this page in
order to properly
read the shapefile, depending on how it is formatted.

--Mary