Re: fill land points with gray in slice plot

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Apr 08 2010 - 09:15:44 MDT

Hi Ufuk,

Are these white areas missing value areas? If so, you can try setting

    res@cnMissingValPerimOn = True ; turn on missing value
outlines
    res@cnMissingValPerimColor = "gray"
    res@cnMissingValPerimThicknessF = 2.5 ; set the missing value
outline thickness

If you want a shade pattern instead of solid gray, you can further
set the cnMissingValFillPattern resource to an integer that
represents an index in a fill pattern table.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Images/fillpatterns.png

There are several examples that use these resources. You can go to:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/res_list.shtml

and search for "cnMissingValFill" to see a list of examples.

--Mary