Re: How to plot wind exceeding 95% in bold arrows...?

From: Andrea Hahmann <ahah_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed Apr 21 2010 - 07:04:33 MDT

Yes, something like that. You will first plot (aveX_u, aveX_v), then mask
out the
³un-significant² points:

aveX_u = mask(aveX_u, alpha_u.le.95.and.alpha_v.le.95,True)
aveX_v = mask(aveX_v, alpha_u.le.95.and.alpha_v.le.95,True)

(I never remember if this should be True or False, just try it...)

Then plot the new (aveX_u, aveX_v) with thick lines and overlay the two.

Examples of overlay (maybe example 6?) are available from:
http://ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/overlay.shtml

Andrea

--
Andrea N. Hahmann