Problem with ver 5.2

From: Wee-Beng Tay <zonexo_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Apr 26 2010 - 01:52:00 MDT

Hi,

I was using NCL ver 5.1.1 with no problem. I tried to update to ver 5.2 by
downloading the file and extracting to the same location.

However, when I tried to run it, it terminated without generating any error.
Nothing appeared, not even the copyright:

Copyright (C) 1995-2009 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 5.1.1
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.

Is this due to missing libraries?

I'm using cygwin 1.5 and when I tried to install some libraries recommended,
it says that I need to use a newer version of the cygwin setup, which is
1.7. How can I install the old 1.5 libraries since I do not wish to update
to cygwin 1.7.

Thank you.