what is the difference between gsn_contour and gsn_csm_contour

From: Guangshan Chen <gchen9_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed May 05 2010 - 10:52:05 MDT

Dear all,

Have anyone noticed that the difference between the gsn_contour and gsn_csm_contour when you plot the contour figures?

I met a problem when I use gsm_csm_contour to plot a figure. I could not figure
out the reason. So I tried gsn_contour. I fond there are some difference between gsn_contour and gsn_csm_contour.

Differences:

1. there are some white spaces in the figure plotted by gsn_csm_contour.

2. The blue shaded area is at x-axis equal to 8 on the panel 3 in the figure plotted by gsn_csm_contour. But it is at x-axis equal to 7 on the panel 3 in the figure plotted by gsn_contour.

I don't know which is right. I attached the data and ncl scripts. Could any one help
me?

Thanks.

Guangshan