Re: Projection problem

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue May 04 2010 - 16:38:29 MDT

Hi Paula,

I don't think this is an issue with NCL.

There have been some cases with the WRF files having the wrong map projection information on the file, like the wrong center longitude, which can cause problems for plotting. You must have the exact map projection in order for the map to line up with your data (when tfDoNDCOverlay=True). It looks like that could be happening here.

You might try printing the file variable and looking at the mapping attributes on the file to see if any of the values look suspicious or flat out wrong.

Without seeing your script, however, I am only guessing at what might be the problem.

If you can provide the script and data, that would be helpful. See:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/report_bug.shtml

for information on where to ftp them.

--Mary