g2fsh_Wrap "problem"

From: Correia, James <james.correia_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue May 04 2010 - 10:38:41 MDT

Hi everyone-
I am working with some CCSM data, in particular the QREFHT fields from the
current climate simulation (b30.030e.cam2.h0.QREFHT....).

My issue was quite perplexing. I am performing a monthly analysis of May
June July August specific humidity under climate change. I am comparing this
data to some WRF downscaled runs.

So my procedure is to extract the particular month into a time series,
convert from the gaussian grid to a fixed grid using g2fsh_Wrap, so that I
can then remap the data to my WRF grid.

This works quite well for May, June, August. July fails.

The only other oddity in the files involves the field itself. In Antartica,
there are these values (793393 is but one example) which appear for January
and July. It happens that these high values also appear in my future files,
but only for January. Needless to say there is not one specific value to
account for.

So I used the where function to remove these high values and put really low
values in their place (10^-6). Is this acceptable to do?
The output looks ok now.

jimmyc

James Correia Jr., PhD
Climate Physics Group
Post. Doc.
Pacific Northwest National Lab

"Wisdom. Strength. Courage. Generosity. Each of us are born with one of
these. It is up to us to find the other three inside of us."
-Into the West