Can I remove the continent outline in polar projection plot?

From: eddycarl <eddycarl_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue May 25 2010 - 11:43:31 MDT

Hi there,

I'm wondering if there is a way to remove the background continent outline within the polar stereographic projection plot? And how can I change the tickmark label on polar plot (such as the default is 180w - 180E, and I would like 0 - 360.)? The reason why I want to do the above is that I am plotting a similar data as the usual ones, which also have two dimensions (0-180 degree and 0-360 degree), but do not have the meaning of lat/lon. Thus, the map outline is not needed and longitude tickmark is not applicable.

Thanks,
-Eddy