Re: vertical plot

From: Jamie Scott <James.D.Scott_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Wed May 19 2010 - 09:20:47 MDT

The height of the hybrid sigma-pressure levels varies with time and
space because it's a function of surface pressure.
To create the plot as you suggest, you will have to compute the
geopotential height at each hybrid level, time, lat and lon.
You can use the function "cz2ccm" . Now you will know the
geopotential height at each temperature grid point. Next you
will have to define a new height based vertical coordinate at the
intervals you wish to display on your plot and interpolate
the temperatures to the new height vertical coordinate. You can use a
function line linint1 to do the vertical interpolation in each column.

-Jamie