Re: CMOR

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Tue Jun 01 2010 - 09:10:32 MDT

Hi Mark,

I'm not sure if anybody responded to this.

This is the first request that I've seen for the CMOR functions to be wrapped in NCL.

Are you familiar with WRAPIT, which allows you to "wrap" Fortran subroutines so you can call them
from NCL?

There are some simple examples and full documentation at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Tools/WRAPIT.shtml

I looked at these functions Friday, and I seem to remember there is only a Fortran 90 interface?

If so, you'll need to create little Fortran 77 stub files, because WRAPIT only works on Fortran 77.
These are pretty simple to do if you know Fortran 77 and Fortran 90.

See example 1 on this page, which shows how to use a stub file (although it doesn't need to).

I'll create a ticket for your request, in case it comes up again.

--Mary