CMOR

From: mark collier <mark.collier_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu May 27 2010 - 22:37:29 MDT

Hi,
I know that there is no public NCL interface (bindings) to CMOR (http://www2-pcmdi.llnl.gov/cmor
) but wondering if someone has contemplated doing this given that for
many of us NCL could offer a very convenient scripting language for
processing raw model data, whereas CMOR handles mostly the metadata
requirements of the output? I'm afraid my ability to write external
functions in NCL is non existent. Alternatively it might be just
easier to write a pure NCL system that handles everything, including
looking up the CMIP5 tables? We've struggled with the python CMOR
interface although have had some limited success.
Regards,
Mark.