Re: XB labels

From: Mary Haley <haley_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Fri Jun 11 2010 - 06:23:24 MDT

You need to use tmXBMode, tmXBValues, and tmXBLabels:

  res@tmXBMode = "Explicit"
  res@tmXBValues = (/1,3,5,7/) ; or whatever values
you want
  res@tmXBLabels = "" + (/1,3,5,7/) ; these should be
strings

You can use a variable:

  values = ispan(1,7,2)
  res@tmXBMode = "Explicit"
  res@tmXBValues = values
  res@tmXBLabels = "" + values

Normally, if you are usually equally-spaced values for the tickmarks,
you can use the "Manual" mode instead of
"Explicit". The Explicit mode is for when you have random tickmarks
that you want.

See:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/tickmarks.shtml

for more tickmark examples.