Re: Wind Barbs cross equator

From: David Brown <dbrown_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Thu Jun 10 2010 - 17:16:20 MDT

Hi Pascal,

I am attaching 2 NCL scripts that draw the wind barbs with the correct
orientation for both the southern and northern hemispheres in the same
plot.
The first one is simpler but only works for 1d lat/lon (cartesian)
coordinates.
The second one plots exactly the same data but simulates 2d
coordinates by duplicating the coordinate values over the second
dimension.
The technique should work just as well if you actually have 2D
coordinate data. Since the dataset is pretty small I am attaching it
as well.

  -dave