Re: label bar for contour plot over a polar stereographic map

From: Mariangel Fedrizzi <Mariangel.Fedrizzi_at_nyahnyahspammersnyahnyah>
Date: Mon Jun 07 2010 - 18:09:24 MDT

Hi Adam,

I don't what's going on. I used your script and my dataset and it
worked. I will build it from there.
I'm a new NCL user. Hopefully I'll find out what I was doing wrong...

Thanks a lot for your help.
Best regards,
Mariangel.

Adam Phillips wrote:
> Hi Mariangel,
> I didn't see anything wrong with your script, so I copied/modified it
> to read in a sst dataset that I have handy, and to plot that using
> your resource list. I was able to control the placement of the
> labelbar, in that I pushed it far away from the plot (using
> pmLabelBarOrthogonalPosF). I was also able to increase the label bar
> font heights.. Plot and script are attached.
>
> I'm not sure why your resources are being ignored. I see you're using
> a test version of NCL. I ran my script using the local test version
> 5.2.1-07Jun2010_0131 and all was well.
>
> Hopefully a developer can chime in here to help assess what is wrong.
> Adam
>
> On 06/07/2010 03:58 PM, Mariangel Fedrizzi wrote:
>> Hi Adam,
>>
>> It didn't work.
>> The version of NCL I'm using is: 5.2.1-28May2010_0735.
>> So, I'm attaching the script and a png figure showing the resulting
>> plot.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mariangel.
>>
>> Adam Phillips wrote:
>>> Hi Mariangel,
>>> You should be able to move the label bar to the right by setting
>>> pmLabelBarOrthogonalPosF = .05
>>> http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/Resources/pm.shtml#pmLabelBarOrthogonalPosF
>>>

>>> Without seeing your script, I'm not sure what issues you're having
>>> with the labelbar resources being ignored.
>>>
>>> If the above doesn't help or if you are still having trouble with the
>>> labelbar, please reply to the group and attach your script.
>>> Adam

Mariangel Fedrizzi, Ph.D.
NOAA/SWPC - University of Colorado/CIRES
325 Broadway
Boulder, CO 80305
Tel: 1-303-497-3833
Fax: 1-303-497-4006